Series Editors: Reina Lewis & Elizabeth Wilson
Advisory Board: Christopher Breward, Hazel Clark, Joanne Entwistle, Caroline Evans, Susan Kaiser, Angela McRobbie, Hiroshi Narumi, Peter McNeill, Özlem Sandikçi, Simona Segre-Reinach.
The Dress Cultures series aims to bring the best of international scholarship on the historical and contemporary study of dress and material culture into creative dialogue with sociological, political and economic analyses of fashion and the fashion industry.
The series will include monographs and texts designed for scholars, students and followers of fashion, which also cross over to I.B.Tauris’ publishing in politics, economic and social studies, cultural criticism and history, written accessibly and representing their authors’ innovative scholarship.
Dress Cultures will represent the best of new research in scholarly, accessible books that:
- Explore Western, non-Western and diaspora dress cultures.
- Map the evolving geographies of fashion and retail as informed by a historicised understanding of production, distribution, mediation and consumption.
- Examine modern and historical dress and material culture.
- Trace the ways in which production, marketing and purchasing of clothes in a global context fashions individual and collective identities.
- Explore the representation and regulation of the clothed body.
- Investigate tensions between the homogenising aesthetics of globalisation and localised distinction and differentiation.
The Dress Cultures Series Editors invite proposals and ideas for books in these related areas.
How to write a book proposal for Dress Cultures at I.B.Tauris: Download guide.
Reina Lewis: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizabeth Wilson: email@example.com
At the publisher, Philippa Brewster: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Edited by: Reina Lewis
- Paperback£15.99 | $28.00
- Hardback£58.00 | $90.00
- Edited by: Agnes Rocamora, Anneke Smelik
Forthcoming books include:
Branding Fashion: Bridging the Self and the Social Consumer
by Anthony Sullivan
Dressing for Austerity: Aspiration, Leisure and Fashion in Post-War Britain
by Geraldine Biddle-Perry
Fashion and European Art: Dress and Identity, Politics and the Body, 1775-1925
Edited by Justine De Young
Fashioning Indie: Popular Fashion, Music and Gender
by Rachel Lifter
Making Fashion in Multiple Chinas: Chinese Styles in the Transglobal Landscape
Edited by Wessie Ling and Simone Segre-Reinach
Niche Fashion Magazines: Changing the Shape of Fashion
by Ane Lynge-Jorlén
Sinophilia: Fashion, Western Modernity and Things Chinese after 1900
by Sarah Cheang
Styling South Asian Youth Cultures: Fashion, Media and Society
edited by Lipi Begum, Rohit K. Dasgupta and Reina Lewis
Veiling Fashion: Space and the Hijab in Minority Communities
by Anna-Mari Almila
Wearing the Niqab: Fashioning Identities among Muslim Women
by Anna Piela