Series Editors: Reina Lewis & Elizabeth Wilson
Advisory Board: Christopher Breward, Hazel Clark, Joanne Entwistle, Caroline Evans, Susan Kaiser, Angela McRobbie, Hiroshi Narumi, Peter McNeill, Özlem Sandikçi, Simona Segre-Reinach.
The Dress Cultures series aims to bring the best of international scholarship on the historical and contemporary study of dress and material culture into creative dialogue with sociological, political and economic analyses of fashion and the fashion industry.
The series will include monographs and texts designed for scholars, students and followers of fashion, which also cross over to I.B.Tauris’ publishing in politics, economic and social studies, cultural criticism and history, written accessibly and representing their authors’ innovative scholarship.
Dress Cultures will represent the best of new research in scholarly, accessible books that:
- Explore Western, non-Western and diaspora dress cultures.
- Map the evolving geographies of fashion and retail as informed by a historicised understanding of production, distribution, mediation and consumption.
- Examine modern and historical dress and material culture.
- Trace the ways in which production, marketing and purchasing of clothes in a global context fashions individual and collective identities.
- Explore the representation and regulation of the clothed body.
- Investigate tensions between the homogenising aesthetics of globalisation and localised distinction and differentiation.
The Dress Cultures Series Editors invite proposals and ideas for books in these related areas.
How to write a book proposal for Dress Cultures at I.B.Tauris: Download guide.
Reina Lewis: email@example.com
Elizabeth Wilson: firstname.lastname@example.org
At the publisher, Philippa Brewster: email@example.com
- Geraldine Biddle-Perry
- Edited by: Agnes Rocamora, Anneke Smelik
- Edited by: Reina Lewis
- Hardback | Paperback
- £58.00 | £15.99
Recently signed for the series:
Thinking Through Fashion: Fashion, Dress & Cultural Theory
Edited by Agnès Rocamora and Anneke Smelik
Experimental Fashion: Performance Art, Carnival and the Grotesque Body
by Francesca Granata
Dressing for Austerity: Aspiration, Leisure and Fashion in Post-War Britain
by Geraldine Biddle-Perry
Sinophilia: Fashion, Western Modernity and Things Chinese after 1900
by Sarah Cheang
Niche Fashion Magazines: Changing the Face of Fashion
by Ane Lynge-Jorlén