How to Publish Your Book with I.B.Tauris
We welcome proposals for new books, be they academic monographs based on the latest research; student texts; or less specialised general interest books (non-fiction). If you have a project that you would like us to consider please send us the following by email or post:
1. A proposal letter indicating the book's subject, length and potential market, that addresses the following points:
- Why does a book need to be published on your proposed topic?
- How will it differ from others in the area?
- What competition will it face?
- How will it fit in with other I.B.Tauris publishing?
- What is the market for this book?
- If you view this book as a student text, for what courses (and at what level) would it be appropriate?
- What is the intended date of completion?
- What is the estimated length of the work (including notes, bibliography and appendices)?
2. Synopsis of the book
3. Table of Contents
4. Two sample chapters (if available)
5. The names of two suggested academic reviewers
6. Your CV/resumé, including
- Personal details
- Brief description of academic interests and professional affiliations
- Recent publications
- If the book is an edited collection, please provide names and affiliations for every contributor
Please note that we do not publish fiction, poetry or children's books. We do not accept complete manuscripts unless we specifically request them. Unsolicited manuscripts will not be returned. For academic monographs we may commission external reports from referees at this stage or we may ask you to prepare a more substantial draft before we consult our advisors.
Proposals should be emailed or posted to the relevant editor (see subject specialisations below) at:
I.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
6 Salem Road
The appropriate commissioning editor will review your proposal. Please do not send your proposal to more than one editor at a time. We may commission external reports from referees at this stage or we may ask you to prepare a more substantial draft before we consult our advisors. Details of our academic advisors for each subject can be found here.
Publisher & Editorial Director
Editors by Subject
Classics & Ancient History
Geography & Social Sciences
Tomasz Hoskins | Academic Monographs
Politics & International Relations
Lester Crook | International Relations
Jo Godfrey | Politics
Tomasz Hoskins | Academic Monographs
Azmina Siddique | International Relations
Philippa Brewster | Senior Editor, Visual Culture
Anna Coatman | Editor, Visual Culture
Baillie Card | Assistant Editor, Visual Culture
Tauris Parke Paperbacks
Maintaining Core Standards through Review
All books intended for consumption by an academic readership pass through a two-stage external reviewing process:
Stage I involves seeking an opinion on the proposed publication from a member of the appropriate Academic Advisory board. A separate board of senior international academics has been selected for each I.B.Tauris discipline.
Stage II involves the commissioning of independent reviews by peer academics (on an anonymous basis where possible).
Only when evaluation demonstrates sufficient quality and integrity – and suitability for the target readership – will publication proceed. This review policy ensures that academic works published under the I.B.Tauris imprint match the standards of those from other leading international publishers in the University Press and independent academic publishing sector.
Marketing & Publicity
For information about the marketing and publicity that we will provide, and for information about how you can help us to promote your book, please see our Marketing & Publicity Guide.