Arabic Fiction from the American University in Cairo Press
At I.B.Tauris Publishers we have recently become the distributors for the American University in Cairo Press, the largest translator of Arabic literature in the world.
With a reputation for carefully selecting and translating the best writing being produced in the language today, they are famously the publisher of the Nobel prize winning Egyptian novelist, Naguib Mahfouz.
Below is a selection of new and forthcoming releases, translated and published in English for the first time.
Browse AUC Press' complete fiction catalogue here.
- Mohamed Salmawy | Translated by: Raphael Cohen
- Muhsin Al-Ramli | Translated by: Luke Leafgren
- Hamdy El-Gazzar | Translated by: Humphrey Davies
- Yahya Taher Abdullah | Translated by: Samah Selim
- Ibrahim Nasrallah | Translated by: Nancy Roberts
- Radwa Ashour (Ain Shams University, Cairo) | Translated by: Arabic Teacher Kay Heikkinen (University of Chicago)
- Nael Eltoukhy | Translated by: Robin Moger